Summer Consultants, Inc., an established MEP/FP engineering consulting firm seeks to hire an IT technical analyst in our McLean, VA headquarters.
The position requires excellent communication, time management and people skills as you will be involved with all IT operations for the firm. You will provide technical support on a daily basis, respond to user and project needs, and maintains ongoing communication that is timely and accurate with the management team.
Major Areas of Accountability:
- Manages regional office infrastructure and related applications on a 24/7 basis including:
- Desktop and web collaboration tools
- Servers—Virtual and physical
- Networks—Cabling, switches
- PBX VoIP system (Avaya IPO Office experience a plus)
- Video conferencing and Unified Communication System
- Printers and print servers
- Provides technical assistance, troubleshooting and training to all users as needed in a timely, courteous manner and solicits support, problem resolution from offsite IT consultants when needed.
- Works with offsite support staff to provide user support and user account maintenance.
- Utilizes technical knowledge to repair existing network topologies following IT procedures and methods and ensures procedures are in compliance with codes, regulations and standards.
- Performs installations, change-outs of hardware/software and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, scanners, disk drives for users upon request or as needed.
- Manages security of local IT systems:
- Performs backups and recoveries of network data
- Follows IT policies and procedures related to data storage and account maintenance
- Understands the importance of overall accountability and provides reports, verbal and/or written updates as requested weekly, monthly, quarterly, to key management leaders.
- Maintains on-going and open line of communication with Technology Director so that all parties are mutually informed of issues, changes, short and long-range plans is it relates to equipment and processes.
- Provides first line contact regarding AutoCAD and Revit software, solving known problems and referring other issues to appropriate contact within the firm. Maintains help desk call tracking system so that minor problems can be handled without referral. Further development of skills that support AutoCAD and Revit software is encouraged.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or necessary.
Specialized Training and Experience:
- BS/BA in field that is applicable to IT support. (A combination of formal education, technical training, certification, and/or experience that provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted for the degree requirement.)
- A minimum of 2 – 4 years overall experience in LAN systems and implementation that
includes 2 years’ experience in system requirements analysis.
Required technical skills include and essential to individual success:
- Operational knowledge of Window 7 and 10, and Microsoft 2012/2016 Operating System Environments
- Experience with PC imaging and packaged software deployment
- Knowledge of client/service VPN configurations, configuration of Smartphones
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP addressing, troubleshooting, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience working with NTFS permissions. Both security groups and users.
- Need to be able to track / update access control and other similar security related documentation.
- Ability to be the onsite “Smart Hands” for offsite consulting engineers
- Basic knowledge of routers and firewalls
- Career development- show relevant jobs you have experience with so far (as NOC or Help Desk)
Administrative/organizational/leadership attributes that will enable success:
- Knowledge of work processes within firm/team orientation and ability to appreciate the importance of honoring imposed deadlines
- People skills include – ability to listen, and problem solve in a calm deliberate manner
- Exhibit patience, persistence while openly sharing information in a professional, tactful and candid manner.
- Demonstrates ability to follow-through to the completion of assignments in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.