Engineer (0-4 years of experience)
When you walk into a building do you immediately start analyzing it? Do you wonder about the HVAC, electrical system, light fixtures, sprinkler heads, or fire alarm? Well, so do we. We are looking for some passionate engineers (new graduates up to 4 years of experience) to join our team of folks who are curious about building systems.
The bulk of our projects are renovations, frequently of only the MEP/FP systems, so it makes for some interesting and challenging projects. The fun of renovation work is dealing with the existing constraints imposed by the structure or building operations. We find ourselves regularly solving problems like how to make the equipment fit into an existing building, or figuring out how the contractor will build your design. We’re such great problem solvers that 95% of our clients would refer us to others. Clients choose us when they want the job done right the first time.
With our headquarters located in the nation’s capital, and our interesting client list combined with our renovation specialty you’ll get to go into some interesting buildings, sometimes seeing history from the inside out. Check out our projects page for some examples of our work.
What Summer Consultants can do for you
- Teach you the ins and outs of the MEP/FP consulting industry.
- Provide you with different projects – we’ve never had identical projects and we rarely have “typical” projects. Buildings are unique and so are their systems.
- Mentor you to become a well-rounded consulting engineer.
- Help you get your boots dirty learning from senior engineers in the field.
What you can do for Summer
- Pursue the FE exam.
- Chip in to designing quality projects from day one. Not just drafting them, but actually surveying existing conditions, calculating system sizes, laying out ductwork, lighting, or sprinkler heads, and lots more fun stuff.
- Help us tackle our clients’ problems.
What you should bring with you
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- AutoCAD and Revit experience a plus.
- Bachelors’ degree in architectural engineering (with HVAC or lighting/electrical specialty), mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or fire protection engineering.
- Fully-paid individual health insurance, offering both HMO and PPO and 50% of family premiums are paid.
- Dental insurance is available.
- 401K with employer chipping in 3% of gross salary.
- Fully-paid, long-term individual disability insurance.
Needs & locations
- Fire Protection – McLean, VA
Piqued your interest?
- Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com