As a consultant to Hammel, Green & Abrahamson (HGA), Inc., Summer Consultants provides mechanical, electrical and plumbing engineering services to the Commonwealth of Virginia for Northern Virginia Community College (Owner) on an as needed basis under a contract awarded in 2013. Summer Consultants has been awarded 14 projects to date under this Master Agreement. Representative projects include developing an RFP for water treatment services, electrical lighting renovations, electrical design for stage and fire curtains, and building space redesign.
The term contact follows a similar previous contract through HGA with Northern Virginia Community College that ran from 2007 to 2011. Under the previous contract, Summer Consultants was awarded 12 projects.
- Lighting and electrical design for renovation of an outdoor plaza to the CG Building at NVCC Annandale.
- Mechanical and electrical design for a teaching kitchen upgrade to the CM Building at NVCC Annandale.
- Mechanical and electrical design for the replacement of an Air Handling Unit with a Variable Air Volume unit to the CG Building at NVCC Annandale.
- Mechanical and electrical design for renovations to a four-story elevator and modifications to the fire alarm system to remedy code deficiencies at the Seefeldt Building at NVCC Woodbridge.
- Mechanical and electrical design services for a space mounted humidifier to address humidity problems in a 900 SF TV studio room of the CT Building at NVCC Annandale. The design followed a study prepared by Summer Consultants analyzing heating and cooling system capacities and controls.