Adam Paterson, PE
Associate / Sr. Fire Protection Engineer
Adam has over 15 years of dedicated fire protection consulting experience including building regulations compliance, standard and alternative suppression systems design, and emergency voice fire alarm system design. His experience spans across a variety of clients, facilities, and roles in the fire protection industry. Predominately working in the mid-Atlantic region, he has served as a fire protection subject matter expert, provided building code compliance consulting on complex new buildings and renovations, and designed all manors of fire suppression and fire alarm/mass notification systems.
What brought you into the field of fire protection engineering?
The field has always made me feel connected to the community and provides a sense of giving back through designing systems which keep people safe.
- Professional Engineer – Fire Protection
- Virginia Tech – BS Mechanical Engineering
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute – MS Fire Protection Engineering
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers
- National Fire Protection Association