Jim Gawthrop, PE, LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Associate Principal / Sr. Mechanical Engineer
Jim has provided analysis and designs for many different building types, with an emphasis in energy efficient technologies and sustainable design, data centers, and historic building renovations. He has participated in energy studies to analyze consumption for both new and existing facilities and is an ASHRAE-certified Building Energy Modelling Professional (BEMP). As a LEED AP, Jim has both participated as a team member and coordinated the submission of projects pursuing LEED certification.
What do you do outside of work?
Outside of the office, I spend as much time as possible outside, either hiking or boating, and brewing my own beer.
- Professional Engineer – Mechanical
- LEED AP BD+C
- Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)
- Penn State University – Master of Architectural Engineering
- Penn State University – Bachelor of Architectural Engineering, HVAC Option
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Association for Preservation Technology International (APTI)
- Association for Preservation Technology, Washington DC Chapter (APT DC)
- United States Green Building Council, National Capital Region (USGBC-NCR)