Kyle Urda, PE, LC, RCDD
Associate / Sr. Electrical & Fire Protection Engineer
Kyle has over a decade of experience in electrical, telecommunications and fire protection systems design and coordination. He is a dual licensed professional engineer in electrical and fire protection, providing him with a unique understanding of the interface between the two systems in real world applications. He specializes in central reporting systems, emergency and stand-by generators, lighting controls, uninterruptible power systems (UPS), emergency lighting, fire alarm and mass notification systems.
Do you have a favorite Summer Consultants moment?
Working on the design for our office renovation and move was my favorite moment. Taking a design from concept, to construction, to being heavily involved in the commissioning process was an awesome experience. Even if it was one of the toughest clients I’ve ever worked for. Being able to come to the office and work in an environment you helped create is very rewarding and helped me better understand issues our client’s experience.
- Professional Engineer – Electrical
- Professional Engineer – Fire Protection
- NCQLP Lighting Certified (LC)
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Virginia Tech – BS Electrical Engineering
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC), Metropolitan Washington, Facilities Council
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Building Industry Consulting Service International (Bicsi)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE)